Cedar Bluff Farragut Optimist (CBFO) was started in the 1950’s and serves the West Knoxville community through a variety of service projects and youth sports programs. Farragut Youth Football operates under the CBFO umbrella as a non-profit 501(c)(3). We are especially proud of our scholarship program which awards thousands of dollars annually to former CBFO participants. These programs focus on serving the Farragut community by giving back to those who have served others. CBFO is also very active in our local schools through the subsidization of local school programs and facilities with over $50,000 in donations since 2000. CBFO currently focuses on four core sports for boys and girls age 4 –19: Youth Football in the Knox Metro League, JV & AMP; Varsity Middle School Football in the MAC league, Girls Fast-Pitch Softball, Girls Volleyball, and Boys and Girls Basketball.
Our programs serve over 1,500 children annually and as an all volunteer organization, we are always in need of those who are willing to serve others, and give their time, energy, and efforts to youth development in our community. Our goal is for every child to have fun and learn good sportsmanship and life lessons like hard work, dedication, discipline, and how to overcome adversity.
About our coaches
Our coaches go through an intensive USA football certification course each year that reinforce the techniques and fundamentals of tackle football. This course teaches our coaches to always place player safety as a number one priority. For more information on this course please see the link: usafootball.com
Farragut High School Admiral Maxims
- No Excuse for lack of effort!
- The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win! (No missed assignments, penalties, turnovers)
- Momentum changes: play for and make the breaks!
- Block and execute on offense and pursue and tackle on defense.
- Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made.
- Play great goal line and short yardage offense and defense.
- Full speed ahead and finish each for 48 minutes!